Yoon & Yang’s Corporate Litigation Group provides comprehensive and effective legal services in all types of civil and commercial litigation involving complex issues across a broad range of fields, including corporate, construction, finance, and securities. The Group is the central focus of the firm’s litigation practice, and handles the highest volume of cases amongst all litigation teams at the firm. In order to provide the most comprehensive and effective services throughout the course of litigation, the Group cooperates with experts at the firm specializing in areas such as intellectual property, antitrust, international trade, M&A, finance, and securities. Furthermore, the Group boasts unsurpassed dispute resolution ability based on decades of experience and accumulated knowledge, and is trusted by the largest corporations on the most complex matters.
The Group represents clients from the pre-trial stage by advising on trial and evidentiary procedures, and provides comprehensive legal services to ensure the enforcement of our clients’ rights. We utilize various pre-trial measures such as provisional attachments and preliminary injunction in order to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
The Group is composed of experienced attorneys who have gained expertise through their tenures as Supreme Court justices, appellate court judges, and district court chief judges. In addition, there are attorneys who have gained decades of experience at our firm. By leveraging the expertise and knowledge of our attorneys in a wide range of areas, the Group is able to provide the most effective legal services to all clients.
The Group has built an excellent track record in general civil and commercial litigation as well as in specialized litigation based on their deep expertise and experience in litigation and dispute resolution. The main practice areas of the Group include the following:
• Domestic and family law
• Compulsory execution
• Non-competition and trade secret misappropriation
• Corporate governance and control
• Personal information protection
• Suits against the state
• Religious organizations
• International trade
• Public health
• Real estate
• Press and media
• Product liability
• Securities and finance
• General corporate law
• Defended tobacco company B in a lawsuit raised by the National Health Insurance Corporation seeking damages from tobacco companies for insurance benefits paid out to lung cancer patients
• Defended Korea Railroad Corporation in lawsuits seeking compensation of damages and return of project site in connection with the failed Yongsan International Business District Development Project
• Represented Lee Maeng-hee, eldest son of Byeong-cheol Lee, the founder of Samsung Group, in an estate dispute seeking share of inheritance against Kun-hee Lee and Samsung Everland
• Represented the creditors in a lawsuit, the value of which exceeded KRW 4 trillion, against Samsung affiliates in the course of the sale of Samsung Motors
• Represented the Seoul Metropolitan Government in a dispute against the Seoul Metro Line 9 Corporation involving an increase in subway fare
• Represented the Seoul Metropolitan Government in a dispute involving cancellation of the land sale and purchase agreement regarding Sangam-dong landmark construction project
- [Firrm News]Four attorneys selected as Dispute Resolution Star (Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2018)
- [Firrm News]Asian-Mena Counsel’s In-House Community Survey 2017 named Yoon & Yang as ‘Korea Firm of the Year’
- [Firrm News]Yoon & Yang wins “Litigation Law Firm of the Year” at Korea Law Awards 2017
- / Representation of the Seoul Metropolitan Government in a lawsuit regarding termination of land sale agreement for the Sangam-dong Landmark Construction Project
- / Represented Seoul Guarantee Insurance and other 13 financial institutions in litigation for KRW4.7 trillion receivables and penalty against Samsung affiliates
- / Amendment of Regulations on Stamp Duty for Civil Litigation, Etc.
- / Launch of E-Litigation System for Rehabilitation and Bankruptcy Cases
- / Submission of Bill Proposing a Partial Amendment of the Civil Code with Respect to Guarantee Contracts
- / Supreme Court Decision on Scope of Liability under Limited Geun-Mortgage Agreement