JIN WOO HWANG / Partner
- T : 82 2 6003 7068/ F : 82 2 6003 7034
- E : firstname.lastname@example.org
BiographyJin Woo Hwang is a partner at Yoon & Yang LLC who has built vast experience in the antitrust and fair trade area such as franchise agreement, subcontracts and door-to-door sales by handling cases regarding abuse of market-dominant positions, undue collaborative acts (cartel), corporate combination and unfair transactions. In addition to his fair trade practice, he has provided corporate counseling on M&A and has expanded his practice into fair trade-related issues on media, communications, medical, and pharmaceutical sectors. Further, Hwang handles domestic and international litigations of foreign corporations, international contracts and general counseling for Korean and international companies, Legal Risk Management for major Korean and international companies, etc. He received B.A. in Economics at Yonsei University and LL.M at Seoul National University Graduate School of Law. He was a Visiting Jurist at UCLA School of Law and worked at Steptoe & Johnson LLP in Los Angeles Century City.
- Northwestern University School of Law, LL.M.
- Seoul National University Graduate School of Law, LL.M.
- Yonsei University, B.A. in Economics
- Partner, Yoon & Yang LLC (formerly Yoon Yang Kim Shin & Yu, 2006-2009)
- Associate, Yoon & Yang LLC (formerly Yoon Yang Kim Shin & Yu, 2006-2009)
- Lecturer, Fair Competition Federation
- Fair Competition Federation, Professional Research Program for the laws on fair trade
- UCLA School of Law (Visiting Jurist)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP, Los Angeles Century City
- Seoul National University, Professional Field—Legal Research Program (Fair Trade and South Korea’s Future)
- “Recent key competition law issues in the U.S. and Europe and their implications,” Competition and Law, No. 3 (co-author, 2014)
- “Recent Decisions in the United States, Europe and Korea Regarding Reverse Payment Agreement, Law & Technology,” Volume 9, 5th Edition, 2013
- “Introduction of a System to Integrate Authorization and Patent and Application of the Monopoly Regulation and Fair Trade Law,” Law & Technology, Volume 7, 5th Edition, 2011
- “Recent examples of consent decrees in Korea and their implications, Asian-Mena Counsel,” Volume 14 Issue 3 (co-author, 2016)
- The Franchise Law Review - Law Business Research Ltd. (co-author, 2017)
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on the cartel of elevator manufacturers, securities companies, etc.
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on the cartel of construction companies related to the Four Major Rivers Project
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on the international cartel of Marine Hose manufacturers
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on the international cartel of TFT-LCD manufacturers
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on the unfair trade acts of telecommunications companies
- Administrative litigation for illegal loaning of power generators
- Corporate combination of multi-national companies in IT and chemicals, etc.
- Abuse of market-dominating position by Qualcomm (2014-present)
- Representation in the investigation of the Fair Trade Commission on violation of the Act on Fair Labeling and Advertising by mutual aid companies
- Legal advice on franchising for Lotteria, etc.